CIOL Qualifications (CIOLQ) is an Awarding Organisation and the associated educational charity of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. We offer professional qualifications in interpreting and translation which are recognised both nationally and internationally by the professions, business, and public services. We assess candidates in a wide range of languages against the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) scales C1 (Upper-Intermediate) and C2 (Advanced).
CIOL Qualifications is looking to expand our moderators’ database in the following languages – Arabic, Chinese, French, German, and Spanish.
We are inviting expressions of interest from language professionals. If you have experience in translation (Level 6) as a tutor, setter, marker or moderator we would like to hear from you.
1. Education: Advanced University Degree or national professional equivalent in languages or the equivalent in CEFR experience.
2. Language level: Native speaker of the target language and native/near-native proficiency in the source language.
3. Work experience: 3-5 years of experience in CEFR based language teaching and/or assessment and moderation.
4. Extensive experience in language assessment methodology and/or language teaching.
5. Moderation experience in both target and source languages
Please email your up-to-date CV and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you think you would be suitable for the role to: email@example.com
Please note all assessors are engaged on a freelance basis. Acceptance as an assessor by CIOLQ does not guarantee the offer of or availability of assessment work either on a regular or an intermittent basis.