Most translators and interpreters are aware that marketing can make a huge difference to their business, but they either don’t know where to start, don’t have much of a budget for marketing and/or just don’t have any time for it. The challenge: without marketing it’s more difficult to get clients, and without clients a business is not sustainable.
The Marketing for Linguists sessions will show you effective ways to market your business and help you put together a basic plan of action. You will learn how to create your brand, compete in a global world and run marketing activities alongside your many other responsibilities.
COMPETING IN A GLOBAL WORLD
Most linguists today are competing in a global marketplace that is driving fees down. This session will give you practical advice on to find your niche, gain visibility and find high value clients. It will also help you identify easy marketing wins, define a basic marketing strategy and give you tools and processes to do more in less time.
- The current competitive landscape: main challenges and opportunities.
- Your customers: customer journey and behaviour, niches, buyer personas.
- Marketing basics: Owned, earned and paid media channels, RACE model.
- Fitting marketing activities into your life: planning, time management, tools.
- ACTIVITY: What are the strengths and weaknesses of your marketing approach? How can you improve things to gain visibility online and offline?
- ACTION: Develop a 12-month marketing plan outline and learn the tools to help you execute it.
By the end of the session, you will:
- Have a clear idea of who your target audience is and how to reach out to them.
- Know a number of time management strategies, tools and online resources to help you run your marketing activities.
- Have a basic marketing plan covering the next 12 months.
About the trainer
Alba Sort has over 15 years’ experience in global marketing, most recently as Head of International Marketing at DigitasLBi, a global digital marketing agency part of Publicis Groupe. In her career she has covered areas including marketing strategy, branding, digital marketing, marketing performance management and internal and external communications.
These days she runs her own consultancy, delivers marketing workshops and is a marketing lecturer and CIM tutor for the Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma in Professional Marketing. Originally from Barcelona, Alba also offers boutique Spanish translation services to clients requiring marketing, technology and online business expertise. She is also a keen linguist and speaks six languages.
Alba has a Master’s in Marketing Management by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid and the IoLET Diploma in Translation (DipTrans). She is a member of both the Chartered Institute of Marketing and the Chartered Institute of Linguists. She is on Twitter (@albasort) and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule & Important information
Notes: No refreshements will be provided; delegates are asked to bring their own water.
Tickets available here.
McCance Building MC319
Glasgow, G1 1RF