Name: Ms Bibiana Jordan-Horvath APCI TEFL DPSI MCIL CL
Country: United Kingdom
Native language(s): SLOVAK
Language(s) of qualification: ENGLISH
CIOL number: 26568
Membership number (pre-Autumn 2016): 022360
Membership grade: Member
Membership status: Current
Chartered Linguist section(s): CL (Interpreter), CL (Language Specialist)
Telephone number: +44(0)7807 420 153
Conference interpreting: Consecutive interpreting, Simultaneous interpreting
Business interpreting: Ad-hoc/Liaison interpreting, Consecutive interpreting, Private health interpreting, Specialist legal interpreting, Specialist medical interpreting, Whispered (simultaneous) interpreting
Public Service Interpreting: Criminal Justice System interpreting (CJS), Local government interpreting, Medical interpreting
Business: Health and Safety, Human Resources, Public Relations
Education: Assessment, E-Learning, Pedagogy
EU Matters: General and Political, Environment, Human Rights
Humanities: Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology
Law: Certificates, Criminal, Family
Media: Film, Journalism, Radio
Medicine: Alternative Therapies, Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Mental Health
Statement: Professional, Independent, Resourceful and Effective CHARTERED LINGUIST and Language Specialist: RPSI- Public Service and Conference Interpreter, Translator, Cultural Briefing Consultant, Mediator, CIOL Mentor, Educator and DPSI Tutor/ Assessor.
Registered on NRPSI 13222/ DPSI 2006, TEFL certified, NLP Coaching Diploma. Professional use of language combinations: SLOVAK, ENGLISH, CZECH, RUSSIAN, wealth of experiences in working with Roma minorities, use of dialects as alternative to Slovak.
DPSI Interpreter and Communication Facilitator: HMCS Magistrates- Family- Crown Courts (England, Wales, Scotland, NI, Ireland) - high profile cases (ie. People's Trafficking, Murder and Rape cases), vulnerable and under age victims and witnesses, incl. simultaneous mode from a booth or remote interpreting; Police, NCA, Interpol, Probation, HMP, Solicitors, Child Protection, Local Government, Education, HMRC, Immigration.
Conference Interpreter- EU Work Councils, Medical trials, Environment, Auto-Moto Shows, Science, Live Sports, Press Conferences.
Regional Language Network Education, Business and Sports Language Champion.
British Czech and Slovak Association active member and cross-cultural promoter
Roma Culture Consultant/ Roma Futures Associate Advocate.
Background knowledge and ability to access and facilitate communication with the settled Roma groups in the UK and abroad.
Police and Local Government Consultant, Press Contributor and Speaker on various community and national issues.
• DPSI- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting: Slovak/English Law, 2006 - IoL
• CPD Interpreting in Courts, 2005 - IoL Language Services Ltd
• DEIC- Diploma in English for International Communication, English, 2004 - IoL
• NFM Certificate- Introduction to Family Mediation, 2018 - National Family Mediation
• Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language, 1999 , TTI- Teacher Training International London
• How to Talk to Young People, 2016 - Sheffield Futures Young Advisers
• Diploma in Neuro-Linguistic Programming Coaching, 2019 - The American Board of Neuro-Linguistic Programming
• Prevent Online Training Course, 2019 – www.elearning.prevent.homeoffice.gov.uk