Welcome to Christmas Cafe Lingo! After the success of Cafe Lingo #1, the Midlands Network is offering all members and family another chance to practise your languages while socializing with a Christmas-oriented online café. You can choose to join up to two of these language rooms: Polish, Arabic, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese and French! Please join us for an informal and fun chat on Sunday 13 December at 5pm.
5:00 - 5:10: Introductions (in English!)
5:10 - 5:40: First language room practice
5:40 - 5:45: Break
5:45 - 6:15: Second language room practice
6:15 - 6:30: Sharing experiences and close
You don’t need to be working with these languages or be a native to join, feel free to come along with any level of expertise. You can either join two different language sessions or keep practising the same language for the whole event.
Each room will have a host who will engage you in topics such as:
- Days of celebration in Christmas
- Christmas vocabulary difficult (or not) to translate
- Meaning of decorations
- Food and drink: Christmas in five senses.
- Figures and characters (the Three Wise Men, la Befana, Weihnachtsmann…)
- Influences from other countries and variations across countries sharing the same language
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place. Let us know which language room(s) you are interested in joining and you will be sent the Zoom link for the event.