What is it?
We are excited to announce our first online workshop which is being delivered by English-Spanish freelance translator, interpreter and trainer Trinidad Clares Flores!
If you're an interpreter who is interested in or currently offering your services remotely, this online workshop is for you. Given the current situation, businesses and organisations are increasingly switching to online meetings and events, and this workshop looks to support interpreters who are now working online.
If you would like to explore the main concepts within remote interpreting, the best practices and the main professional issues and challenges related to remote interpreting, join Trinidad on 23 October 2020. She will also talk you through:
- The equipment required and minimum standards
- The ethical and professional issues when interpreting remotely
- Practicing with OPI, VRI and SRI exercises
This workshop will cost £200 for CIOL members and £250 for non-members. There are only 10 spaces available so hurry and book today to avoid disappointment!
This online workshop will allow delegates to become acquainted with the concepts, modes and challenges of remote interpreting so that they can provide their services with confidence.
The online workshop will run from 09:00 – 16:00 (UK time) with two 15 minute refreshment breaks and one 45 minute lunch break.
- Introduction to Remote Interpreting and types: 1 hour
- Best practices: equipment required and minimum standards: 1 hour
- Ethical and professional issues when interpreting remotely: 1 hour
- Telephone Interpreting exercise: 45 minutes
- Video Remote Interpreting exercise: 45 minutes
- Remote Simultaneous interpreting exercise: 45 minutes
- Feedback and wrap-up
How is it delivered?
The delivery of this workshop will be online and you will receive joining details one week before the start of the workshop.
Lessons consist of presentation slides, resources, exercises and group discussions.