CIOL may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes to the policy. This policy is effective from April 2014.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including your email address, telephone number, postal address and postcode
- Your professional background, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to surveys
It is likely that we will already have much of the above information if you are a CIOL member. This website is integrated with our membership database.
If you are not a CIOL member but you provide us with information such as the above, this may be stored on the same database, eg if you subscribe to our newsletter or register for a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshop or other event. This does not necessarily, however, make you a CIOL member.
What we do with the information we gather
We use this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may:
- Use the information to improve our products and services.
- Periodically send promotional emails or newsletters about new services, special offers or other information we think you may find interesting using the email address you have provided.
- Contact you from time to time for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post.
- Use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You can read about cookies and our policy for using them here.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to our using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), Dunstan House (4th floor), 14a St Cross Street, London EC1N 8XA or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission to do so, or are required by law to disclose it. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), Dunstan House (4th floor), 14a St Cross Street, London EC1N 8XA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, using the contact details above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Online payments (membership only)
We currently use Sage Pay and PayPal to facilitate online payments and adhere to their stringent requirements. Online payment services are currently only available for CIOL membership services.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any third parties.
Refunds / cancellations
Application fees for CIOL membership services are non-refundable fees to cover the administrative costs associated with assessing your application. There is however a 14-calendar-day "cooling-off" period after online payment during which you can ask for a refund if you change your mind about having submitted your application.
Membership fees (for new and existing members) are only refundable via a 14-calendar-day "cooling-off" period after online payment during which you can ask for a refund if you change your mind about renewing your membership. If you resign from membership mid-way through the membership year you will remain in membership until the end of that year (no pro-rata refunds are available for the remainder of the membership year). The membership year runs from 1 September to 31 August.
All Sage Pay and PayPal refunds will be issued within five working days.
Receipts will be sent via our membership database to you for all online payments within five two working days.
For successful applications, your hard copy membership certificate will be sent to you within 20 working days via Royal Mail.