This search facility has been designed for users (e.g. agencies, direct clients, organisations) of CIOL members to verify the credentials of any individual member, including Chartered Linguists.
• The system only shows members whose membership is "Current", i.e. fully paid-up and with no ongoing disciplinary action. It does not show lapsed or resigned members.
• Members with multiple entries have memberships at different grades for different languages.
• Honorary Members (HonMCIL) and Honorary Fellows (HonFCIL) are not listed.
• It is not necessary to complete more than one field.
• "CIOL number" is the new, combined membership/Chartered Linguist number, which came into force on 1 September 2016. All members have a CIOL number. Old-style numbers are not searchable but are shown on members' records if they had one.
• If you cannot find who you are looking for and wish to double-check, please call us on +44 (0) 20 7940 3100 (ext. 2) or email the membership team.
The Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), Incorporated by Royal Charter, Registered in England and Wales Number RC 000808. The IoL Educational Trust (IoLET), Company limited by Guarantee, Registered in England and Wales Number 04297497 and Registered Charity Number 1090263. Registered Office: 7th Floor, 167 Fleet Street, London EC4A 2EA, United Kingdom.