The use of the CIOL or CIOL Qualifications logo, or adaptation of, by organisations who are not approved centres is prohibited. This also includes referencing our organisation to market and sell courses that do not lead to our qualifications to infer a relationship.
Approved centres are permitted to use our Approved Centre logo only and must reference the logo and CIOL Qualifications correctly using the current branding, sizing convention, colouring and acronym as laid out in our Brand guidelines for CIOL Qualifications Approved Centres.
Benefits of becoming an Approved Centre
Acquiring the status of a CIOL Qualifications Approved Centre provides many benefits, including:
- A certificate of recognition and access to an official Approved Centre logo for use in promotional materials
- A welcome pack containing information for centres
- Access to a portfolio of recognised and regulated qualifications
- Free copy of The Linguist
- Free course publicity through the centre list on www.ciol.org.uk
- Quality assured qualifications to provide your learners with the best possible experience.
How to become an Approved Centre
1. Download the following documents:
2. Complete the Application Form, sign the Centre Agreement, and send both to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
3. CIOLQ will acknowledge receipt of a fully completed application form within two working days;
4. CIOLQ will perform a qualitative check before passing the approval to the appropriate representative to carry out a centre visit;
5. A centre visit will be arranged within a month for UK mainland centres. The visit will assess the suitability of your centre to conduct our exams and provide you with support for areas requiring further development. The findings of the visit will be provided in a written report, along with a final outcome as to whether full CIOL Qualifications Approved Centre status can be granted;
6. If approval is granted and upon receipt of a signed Centre Agreement and the relevant fees as listed here, we will send you a welcome pack by email with your allocated centre number and any additional information within five working days.
7. Your status will remain valid for one year, subject to CIOLQ satisfaction that standards are being maintained. We will ask you to reregister once a year, assuming you wish to continue offering our qualifications and assessment.
All fees can be viewed within our Exam Fees, Invoicing and Billing Policy.
Listed below are the main fees for Centre Approval:
- New Centre Registration and Approval (UK): £350
- New Centre Registration and Approval (Overseas): £400
- Subsequent Annual Centre Renewal Fee (UK and Overseas): £150
- Qualification Approval Fee (per each additional qualification added in the future after the initial application): £150
- Fee for additional Quality Visits that may be required should potential risks be identified (e.g. assessment quality monitoring): £150