Freelancers – adjust, adapt, and survive CV-19 with Sue Leschen
Tuesday 28 April (4pm UK time)
This webinar is brought to you by CIOL and eCPD and it is for all freelance language professionals.
Whether you are a translator or an interpreter and whether or not you have recently set up or have an established business because COVID-19 will be impacting it one way or another. You can't afford to miss this and anyway it is a free webinar so what have you got to lose? Sue is also offering 30 minute free sessions in May and June.
Click here to register.
The webinar will offer practical advice as you adjust to "the new normal" which will include:
- Insurance for your home office and contents
- Professional indemnity insurance for the work you produce there
- Income streams drying up
- Requests for rate reductions from clients
- Discounting fees - a good idea or not?
- Cancellations of pre-CV-19 booked jobs and reimbursements
- Sources of financial support
- Working remotely and the new skill set
- Adapting your terms and conditions and business documents during this time
- To attend FTF bookings or not - health, insurance, pay.
Sue Leschen is a lawyer-linguist and also the Director of Avocate, a niche market legal and commercial French interpreting and translation company in Manchester, UK. Sue is a hands on French legal and business interpreter and translator.
She is also an independent legal terminology trainer and a one to one mentor and business guru for language professionals.
Sue sits on the Professional Conduct Committees of NRPSI, NRCPD, and RBSLI and is also a member of CIOL’s Council, CIOL’s Interpreting Division and also CIOL’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion committees.
28 April 2020
Approximately 60 minutes.
Each module/session earns one hour of CPD (ATA approved for one point). Our webinars and courses are accredited by the CIOL and by the Dutch Bureau Wbtv as ‘erkende opleiding’ (approved training).
Due to high demand, we are unable to provide formal certifications for this event. Nonetheless, please use your proof of purchase as the event is a valid and accredited CPD opportunity.