IoLET is committed to equality of access to its examinations for all candidates, regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, creed, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or disability.
IoLET seeks to ensure that:
- Examination content and assessment are non-discriminatory and appropriate to the knowledge and skills specified.
- The style and language of IoLET documentation is readily understood and does not reflect stereotypical or biased attitudes.
- All persons associated with the examinations, including assessors, follow fair and just processes and procedures.
IoLET takes into account all current legislation in relation to diversity and equality. In the case of a query relating to this policy, candidates should write to the Head of Qualifications.
In line with Ofqual regulations, the following age guidelines apply to IoLET examinations:
- Certificate in Bilingual Skills – 16yrs+
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting – 19yrs+
- Diploma in Translation – 19yrs +