Online payment methods:
If you're a CIOL member with a UK-based bank account, you can pay for your renewal by Direct Debit. Switching to this payment method will allow you to benefit from the online membership rate. If you wish to switch to this method of payment, please complete the online Direct Debit signup form.
- Please ensure that you quote your CIOL number first followed by your surname as the transaction reference in bank transfers
- Please email us to let us know you've made payment, including the amount paid
- International payment methods will incur a fee from both your bank and that of CIOL; please add £10.00 GBP to your online membership rate in order to cover these costs.
- CIOL can accept SEPA payments; however this payment type is only available in some countries within the Euro Zone. Please check with your bank. You will need to use the IBAN and BIC reference numbers quoted below
Sterling (GBP) transfers can be made directly into CIOL's bank account:
Account name: The Chartered Institute of Linguists
Bank name: Royal Bank of Scotland PLC
Bank Address: PO Box 412, 62/63 Threadneedle St, London EC2R 8LA
Account Number: 23171719
Sort Code: 16-00-15
IBAN: GB96 RBOS 1600 1523 1717 19
BIC/SWIFT: RBOS GB 2L
Offline payment methods:
Credit / debit cards by phone
- We accept the following cards: JCB, Maestro, MasterCard, Solo, Visa, and Visa Electron.
- We do not accept American Express via phone.
- Please call us on +44 (0) 207 940 3146 to make payment by card (offline membership rate applies), or pay using your card online via www.ciol.org.uk/my-payments (online membership rate applies)
- Please do not send card information to us by post, it will not be processed.
- Offline membership rate applies to all cheques/postal orders
- Cheques/postal orders not sent by Special Delivery or Recorded Delivery are sent at your own risk
- Over the next two years CIOL will be phasing out cheque and postal order payments. Members are encouraged to consider alternative forms of payment
- Sterling cheques / bank drafts: These must be drawn on a bank in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Please make all cheques/postal orders payable to "Chartered Institute of Linguists" and be sure to include a note of your name and CIOL number.