As well as the recognition associated with independent accreditation, CPD training providers registered through the joint CIOL/CPDSO partnership receive various other benefits including: The CPDSO has five main accreditations that providers can apply for through CIOL, depending on the type and format of the training they deliver:
As well as the recognition associated with independent accreditation, CPD training providers registered through the joint CIOL/CPDSO partnership receive various other benefits including:
The CPDSO has five main accreditations that providers can apply for through CIOL, depending on the type and format of the training they deliver:
Step 1: Register
Each provider can either register training courses, events, online activities, coaches and speakers, for accreditation by completing the joint CIOL/CPDSO Registration Form.
Once the form is received by the CPDSO you will be sent:
- A welcome letter with subscription details, the assessment process, and a five-digit CPDSO Provider number
- Your assessment information
- An invoice – this will detail your invoice amount and seven-day payment terms
Step 2: Assess
Once a training provider submits assessment forms and associated documents, a CPDSO assessor will work with you directly to carry out the assessment.
The CPDSO does not have a pass / fail philosophy. Instead, assessors will work with you to bring you up to standard to achieve your accreditation with us.
Payment will be due on receipt of your registration form. The first year's subscription includes the first six weeks free of charge – your renewal date will be one year and six weeks from the date of registration. Please note: this is a two-year minimum commitment to working together.
Step 3: Accredit
On accreditation, training providers receive:
- An accredited CPD Standards logo – detailing their unique five-digit CPD Standards number, and the two-year timeframe that they have been accredited for
- A dedicated webpage on the www.cpdstandards.com site, under a new area entitled 'Chartered Institute of Linguists: Approved Providers' and also under 'Search by topic'
- A formal CPD Certificate Template of Completion – for the training provider to issue to delegates, which the delegates can then subsequently use within their CPD record
- A set of personalised CPD and training best practice recommendations: these are focused on improving the training providers delivery and overall 'standard' for providing an educational experience
- Information on the CPD Standards Community membership benefits, including free events on CPD best practice, discounted access to industry conferences and resources, and specialist CPD advice
Fees are based on an annual subscription – once each title is accredited there is no limit to the number of times a course can be run, and there is no additional charge for the distribution of certificates:
|Type of accreditation||Fee|
|Free events delivered by charities or not for profit organisations||No charge|
|1 training course, event or online CPD activity||£295.00|
|Up to 5 training courses, events or online CPD activities||£695.00|
|Up to 10 training courses, events or online CPD activities||£995.00|
|Over 20 training courses, events or online CPD activities||By discounted quotation|
|Accreditation of an individual coach||£295.00|
|Accreditation of an individual speaker||£295.00|
All fees listed are exclusive of VAT
For all accreditation services, the CPDSO has seven-day payment terms
Please note there is a two-year minimum commitment to working together
If you are a CPD training provider for language professionals and would like to benefit from accreditation, please contact us.